Program Associate Position
The Program Associate is responsible for assisting in the coordination of OYH grant programs and workplace giving campaigns. The position reports to the Development Director and will work closely with all three other staff members. This position is a great opportunity for anyone who would like to learn about all the aspects of running a nonprofit and wants to develop a variety of skills.
About Open Your Heart
Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless is a 32 year-old nonprofit that provides grants to community agencies throughout Minnesota that serve hungry and homeless people. Our annual budget is approximately $800,000. We have a staff of four and an active Board of Directors.
Our office is Minneapolis. Read more at www.oyh.org.
- Carry out all administrative duties for the OYH grant making program and ensure that all grant programs are running smoothly. This includes communicating with applicants, and ensuring the grant applications are processed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Manage the grant database, web portal for applicants, and review portal for board members. We currently use the web-based program Wizehive by Zengine.
- Support the Grant Review Committee in any administrative tasks such as pulling reports from the database and providing necessary documents for meetings.
- Attend visits to food shelves, emergency shelters, and domestic violence shelters to gain more information on grant requests for the grant committee as needed.
Workplace Giving Campaign
- Prepare campaign materials including agency lists, pledge processing communications, pledge examples, human interest stories, and organizational descriptions as needed for workplace giving campaigns.
- Act as the contact person for assigned workplace giving campaigns for administrative duties or events. Make sure that workplace giving applications are completed correctly and one time, all requested campaign materials are provided, and requests for OYH representation at campaign events are filled.
- Represent OYH at workplace giving events. This includes tabling and speaking events.
- Develop and implement social media strategies to promote OYH.
- Preform basic administrative tasks as needed.
- Problem solve technology issues.
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and experience.
- At least 2 years of administrative experience.
- High level of computer competency including programs such as Microsoft Office Suite and database management systems.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to efficiently and accurately work on a variety of tasks with deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and a passion for public speaking.
- Must have a driver’s license and a car.
- Passion for serving hungry and homeless Minnesotans.
- Experience in a nonprofit environment serving people in crisis.
- Experience with workplace giving campaigns.
Salary: $15-18 per hour depending on qualifications.
Benefits: Employer provides a contribution to health care needs and 3% match to Simple IRA plans. 10 paid holidays per year and 15 days paid time off (PTO) per year, increasing to 20 days per year after the first two years of employment. This position currently has its own office.
Hours: This position is 32 hours per week. Hours are flexible, but must be M-T between 7:30 am and 5pm except for 1-4 evenings per month when there are board meetings or events.
Physical Demands: Frequent sitting and working at keyboard. Occasional walking, lifting approx. 20 lbs., stooping, bending, and kneeling.
Apply: Send your resume AND a cover letter (please send word documents or pdfs) to [email protected] by May 9th, 2018. Please make “Program Associate Position” the subject line. No calls please.