The Development Director is responsible for leading all fund development activities. The Development Director is a key member of the OYH team, reports to the Executive Director and works closely with staff and the Board of Directors.
Open Your Heart to the Hungry and Homeless is a 30-year-old nonprofit providing grants and other support to community agencies throughout Minnesota that serve hungry and homeless people. Our annual budget is approximately $1,000,000. We have a staff of four and an active and engaged Board of Directors. Our office is in the Loring Park community of Minneapolis.
- Establish development goals, strategies, and outcomes
- Work with Executive Director and Board in developing annual marketing plan
- Develop and implement strategies to enhance OYH marketing and branding
- Identify prospective partners and strategies to reach them
- Develop and nurture relationships with corporate marketing staff
- Develop sponsorship and partnership opportunities
- Engage in event planning and management
- Staff liaison to OYH Fund Development Committee
- Explore advertising opportunities
- Develop and implement social media marketing strategies
- Manage and develop donor database
- Maximize database effectiveness
- Develop and implement strategies to expand individual donor base
- Network with corporate, family, and institutional foundations
- Develop OYH speaking engagements and group presentations
Experience and Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree. Minimum of three years of professional experience working as development/marketing director in a nonprofit environment required. Proven ability to develop and engage donors. Proficiency in donor database management. Passion for mission of serving hungry and homeless Minnesotans. Event planning and management experience. Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate orally and in print, the mission and services of OYH. Must exhibit creativity and the ability to work independently. Knowledge of social media and marketing strategies. Team player with ability to work collaboratively with diverse people.
Salary: $50’s DOQ. Position is 32-36 hours per week. Occasional evenings. Paid holidays. Generous Vacation/Sick (PTO). Employer contribution to HSA and 401B.
Please send resume and cover letter by 2/01/17 to [email protected] Subject: Development. No calls please.