Thanks to OYH board members and generous donors we were able to award almost $55,000 in funds this month to Minnesota agencies in need!
Hunger and Homeless Grants
- Channel One, Inc. was granted $8,000 to purchase a new lift table for the food repack room.
- Bemidji Community Food Shelf was granted $10,000 to purchase a pallet sized door walk-in produce cooler for FARM to Food Shelf produce in large totes and BCFS FARM produce.
- The Salvation Army (Albert Lea) was granted $7,205 to purchase a commercial refrigerator and freezer to be used in the food pantry.
- People Incorporated was granted $9,800 to fund street outreach activities in Hennepin, Ramsey, and Washington Counties, providing desperately needed food and supplies to individuals living outdoors.
- Volunteers of America of Minnesota was granted $9,951 to replace 27 old and unsanitary mattresses in all eight of their apartments that provide housing and stabilization for homeless families in Mille Lacs County.
- Community Café Inc was granted $699 to purchase much needed freezer for feeding the hungry.
- Peoples Lutheran Chapel, dba Peoples Church, ELCA was granted $4,200 to replace the main sewer line (which is currently at great risk for freezing shut) from the building to the street.
Community Event Sponsorship Grant
- The Evergreen House was granted $5,000 to support speaker, meal, and venue costs for Evergreen’s March 2016 Strengthening Youth & Families Conference.